1. Altin Berxhiku
601 Gazebo Circle Reading, MA 01867
Fifteen years of progressive experience working in the accounting field with a strong background in
General Ledger Maintenance, Financial Reporting, and Account Reconciliation. Effectively and efficiently
handled multiple responsibilities within an organization. Experienced with managing the closing process,
systems conversions, and management reporting. Demonstrated use of computer skills to identify issues
and create effective solutions.
Month-end Close Financial Statements Systems Implementation Systems Conversion
Journal Entries Management Reporting Oracle(PeopleSoft) GL A/R, A/P & Fixed Assets
Inventory Account Reconciliation PeopleSoft Custom Report Payroll & Payroll Taxes
Accruals Budgeting LN, DB2 & Report Manager Ledger Interfaces
Account Analysis GL Systems Maintenance Oracle Tree Maintenance Chart of Accounts
• Participated in the inventory system conversion from HFA mainframe to INFOR(LN), analyzing variances
between the two, making sure the correct had been loaded in the system.
• Coordinated major systems upgrade to PeopleSoft General Ledger including testing, and validation
• Created and maintained automated journal entries in order to improve accuracy and significantly reduce closing
• Created customized templates and analysis for senior managers using PeopleSoft and INFOR Report Manager
TEKNI-PLEX, WAYNE, PA 10/2013-PRESENT
• Reconciled and monitored monthly inventory cycle counts, making sure all physical variances are reasonable.
Monitoring all inventory activity and movements throughout the month, such as purchases, sales, production and
• Reconciled all P&L and balance sheet accounts for the plant, analyzing variances between actual vs. budget
monthly, year to date and actuals year over year.
• Reconciled the purchase price variance, material usage variance, physical inventory, labor and overhead
• Closed out all production orders, comparing labor, overhead and material costs to standards.
• Prepared the plant budget for all expenses, including direct and indirect labor, overhead and SG&A.
• Prepared audit schedules for sales revenue for the compound division.
• Asset management for two plants, reconciling FAS to the general ledger, periodic review and inventory of fixed
assets, including depreciation and disposals. Tracking all capital expenditure projects.
• Prepared aging reconciliation for AP and AR, monthly revision of the bad debt balances.
• Reconciliation of the monthly trend with the gross profit margin schedule, accounting for intercompany activity
and no cost sales.
• Prepared sales return, commission, discount, rebate and allowance schedules based on pounds sold and produced.
• Reconciled all the freight activity, prepared comparative schedules for budget purposes comparing actual results
MASSPORT AUTHORITY, BOSTON, MA 6/2007 – 5/2013
2. • Reviewed G/L balances for accuracy and consistency, throughout the closing process, including accruals, journal
entries and trial balance.
• Contributed to prepare budget for expense accounts.
• Prepared risk assessment schedules for evaluation purposes.
• Prepared comparative reports for Expense, Revenue and Balance sheet accounts.
• Supervised staff accountant, posting journal entries for operating funds.
• Reviewed and prepared reconciliation schedules for general ledger accounts focusing on but not limited to
Inventory, payroll, operating and bond activity.
• Maintained G/L balance sheet accounts, setting up new combinations and capital projects.
METROWEST MEDICAL CENTER, FRAMINGHAM, MA 3/2001 – 5/2007
• Prepared monthly operating reports detailing account activities.
• Focused on accounts that tracked utilities, repairs and maintenance, and prepaid expenses.
• Reconciled payroll, and completed tax deductions with employee contributions.
• Analyzed different patient revenue classes.
• Prepared and entered into computer monthly general, recurring, accrual and statistical journal entries to record
• Coordinated accounts payable and receivable functions.
• Assisted auditors with interim and year-end audits, prepared schedules, work papers and statements.
• Handled cash deposits along with the associated journal entry.
ASSUMPTION COLLEGE, WORCESTER, MA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Major Accounting
Proficient in PeopleSoft, LN, FAS, HFA, Meditech, Cobra, Macola, Oracle, Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Nvision,
Crystal Reports, ADP.