O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a navegar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nosso Contrato do Usuário e nossa Política de Privacidade.
O SlideShare utiliza cookies para otimizar a funcionalidade e o desempenho do site, assim como para apresentar publicidade mais relevante aos nossos usuários. Se você continuar a utilizar o site, você aceita o uso de cookies. Leia nossa Política de Privacidade e nosso Contrato do Usuário para obter mais detalhes.
2.TYPES OF DOOR.
3.TYPES OF WINDOWS.
• Doors may be defined as moveable/openable barrier secured in a
• Window is a vented barrier secured in a wall opening.
TYPES OF DOOR
1. BATTENED AND LEDGED
• These door consists of vertical boards
called battens which are nailed or screwed
to the horizontal members, called ledges.
•Battens are about 15 to 18cm wide and 2 to
• Ledge are 10 to 20cm wide and 3cm thick.
2. FRAME AND PANELLED DOOR
• Panel door consist of vertical members
called styles and horizontal members
• Styles and rails form the framework into
which panels are inserted
• Panel is fit into a groove or rebate.
• Panel thickness is about 20mm and
number of panels varies from 1 to 6.
3.GLAZE OR SASH DOOR
• These are usually
provided where additional
light is required to the
room / space.
• They can be fully glazed
or partly glazed.
• These door consists of solid or hollow
core covered on both sides with
• These are easy to construct, cost
effective and better durability.
5. LOUVERED DOOR
• These has fixed or movable wooden
louvered which permit free
ventilation through them and at the
same time maintain the privacy of the
6. WIRE GAUGED DOOR
• Wire gauge or fly proof door
shutters are fixed to provide free air
circulation and prevent flies and
insects entering into the building.
7. REVOLVING DOOR
•A revolving door consists of a central
support to which usually four wings/leaves
•These are provided where there is constant
foot traffic which helps in entrance to one
and exit to the other person.
8. SLIDING DOOR
•These doors are either mounted on or
suspended from a track which opens
• These type of door consist of one or
more panels which can slide either one
side or both the sides.
•These doors swings on a
double hinge which opens in
• The doors are not rebated at
the meeting styles.
TYPES OF WINDOW
1. FIXED WINDOW
• A window that cannot be opened
and whose function is limited to
allowing light to enter.
• Glass pane is permanently fixed in
the opening of the wall
• No ventilation is possible through
• They are used singly or in pairs within a
• A casement window consists of a frame,
horizontal rails, panels or glass panels.
• Operates like a hinged door except that it
opens and closes with a lever inside the
• In this type of window, the shutter
slides with the help of runners.
• The shutter of this type of window
consist of one or more panels which
can slide on one or both the sides.
4. SASH WINDOW
• Sash or hung window is made of
one or more movable panels or
sashes that form a frame to hold
panes of glass which are often
separated by narrow mutins.
• A louver is an window, blind
with horizontal slats that are
angled at 45degree to ensure
light and air but to keep out rain,
direct sunshine and noise.
• The angle of slats may be
adjustable usually in blinds or
6. METAL WINDOW
• Metal window are made up of
mild steel, stainless steel,
aluminium etc., which are cost
effective and provides more
7. BAY WINDOW
• These window project outside the
external walls of a room.
• These often have multi panels which
are set at different angles to create a
protrusion from the wall line.
8. CORNER WINDOW
• These are provided at the corner of
a room which has two faces in
• It improves the elevation and
ensure light and ventilation from
two directions at right angle.
9. DORMER WINDOW
• These are vertical window
provided in the sloping roof.
• These are vertical window provided
in the gable end of a pitched roof.
11. SKY LIGHT WINDOW
• These are provided on the sloping
surface of a pitched roof.
• The opening for the sky light is made by
cutting the common rafter suitably.
• The sky light is provided with a view to
permit the natural light into the room