Agile Gurugram 2022 - Vishal Goyal | Talent Management with Total Football Team Game Theory
Vishal Goyal, COMDEZ
An idea that transforms our way
of life and work
20+ years of my life in design and technology, I have
identified that the recipe to create an innovative
product that is cutting-edge, sustainable and
scalable is by amalgamating the right matrix of
technology into a good design structure.
Building joyful experiences through design
Design Director, COMDEZ
24 March 2020
The Government of India ordered a nationwide
lockdown for 21 day
▪ Communication and interaction
▪ Engagement of every individual in the team
▪ Creating an ecosystem for innovation and out-of-
▪ Creating the sustainable and scalable ecosystem
▪ Can we help teams to create value?
▪ What role should we play?
▪ Are there ways in which teams and technology can
be better aligned?
Just in time (JIT)
Develop New Skills
Engaging the Crowd
The focus needs to be on
MOTIVATES PEOPLE TO DO
HOW TO DESIGN AND DEPLOY A
TOTAL FOOTBALL TEAM
Total Football: An agile
framework that is more
▪ A new approach towards the talent management and resource planning
▪ Strengthening of the technology infrastructure within organization
▪ Design and develop a team which is more energetic, creative and align towards the
▪ The significance of correct coaching and mentoring
Total Football at work
what does it mean?
Technology has been
changing the way
for a long
I always use the basic
quality of people to achieve
what I want to achieve
Father of total football
Steps to think project as Total Football Team.
Team Roles &
Roles of the
1 2 3 4 5
Types of Goal
There are 3 types of goal that a team leader
needs to be aware of.
• Outcome– This is the end result. For example
getting the order ready for dispatch by
• Process – This is the actions needed to execute
the goal correctly.
• Performance – These are the standards
independent of other variables.
Specific– specific number of words to read from the end of a period
Realistic and Challenging – Goals should be difficult enough to be challenge but not so difficult they become
Long Term and Short Term– See your long term goal as the top of the mountain to get to the top you need to set and
achieve smaller goals to reach the top.
‘Ink it, don’t think it’ – Make sure you write your goals down. This cannot be underestimated.
Process, Performance and Outcome–If you set primarily process and performance goals then you have done all you
can within your control to achieve the outcome goal.
Consider the goal after the goal– What this means is that you need to be aware of the next step. Nothing stands still.
Key Principles of Goal Setting
SD & QA should work together for It creates a strong sense of
shared purpose —but what we see in reality is that developers
think their Job is done once they commit the code and testers
think their job is done after filing a bug
Coach, Agile Analyst,
Designer, QA, others.
interchangeable Project Team
Team Roles &
Design thinker, Baseline plans, project
communication, project schedule & budget
process, change management
Agile process definition, Requirement Approval,
Solution Analyst, Technical design approval, code
reviews, Knowledge Transfer, Solution developer
UI/ UX design, designing user experience, design
and develop user persona
Test Planning, Test Environment, Documentation,
defect tracking and reporting
▪ Not more than 10%-15% of the total project team (example: if we have 50
people in the project team then we have only 5-7 people in the TFT)
▪ It is recommended to choose candidates with medium years of experience.
Nonetheless, a lot will depend on the sensibility of the project.
▪ Diversity is of the essence. Members should come from a different
department, and each member should have at least one or more than one
▪ Outside consultants/independent advisers can make a part of TFT
▪ Members ought to be a good team player and play for the common goal. They
must understand and respect the goals and mission of the organization.
▪ Members should possess problem-solving skills and be good with empathy
▪ They should understand the design structure and be well-versed with design
Rules of the
of the Coach
▪ Give advice:
▪ Technical and Tactical
▪ Pass on the knowledge
▪ Equal opportunities
▪ Role model
▪ Be fearless: We take risks, are bold, and love exploring new challenges.
▪ Help each other: Help is just a ‘Hello’ away! We celebrate every win and learning, are
prestige less and work on a flat organization style.
▪ KISS: We make fast decisions and keep it simple. (keep it simple and stupid)
▪ Never give up: We strive for success, re-test our limits, and work together to bring
our ideas to life.
▪ A 40% decrease in critical and major defects.
▪ The delivery cycle went from 12 months to 90 days. It now starts with a three-day company-wide
meeting, at which shareholders are also present.
▪ A 16% decrease in DRR (Defect Rejected Ratio).
▪ Everyone involved has agreed to set strict priorities and focus only on stories that drive business value.
▪ Doing things the TFT way has improved developer morale and motivation.
When we were initiating to build the team for OKAS – A human-centric home automation product that learns
from user persona, I was very much excited to create a team by pooling people from different departments
with diverse skill-sets, who with certain training can fit into the roles of each other.
A success story that will
make you believe in TFT
▪ Design interactive goals, milestones and Road Maps (define the goal, matches, clubs
▪ Project Planning
▪ TFT Team (Core Team)
▪ Project Teams
▪ Set Game Rules/performance indicators
▪ Mapping performance with baches and rewards
▪ Implement a dashboard which is accessible for everyone
▪ Regular feedback with every team member
Parece que tem um bloqueador de anúncios ativo. Ao listar o SlideShare no seu bloqueador de anúncios, está a apoiar a nossa comunidade de criadores de conteúdo.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade.
Atualizámos a nossa política de privacidade de modo a estarmos em conformidade com os regulamentos de privacidade em constante mutação a nível mundial e para lhe fornecer uma visão sobre as formas limitadas de utilização dos seus dados.
Pode ler os detalhes abaixo. Ao aceitar, está a concordar com a política de privacidade atualizada.