THE IMPORTANCE OF CONSIDERING THE FOLLOWING BIO-
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS IN PLANNING AND
DESING OF BUILT ENVIRONMENT
Is the long term pattern of weather in a particular area.
A regions weather patterns,usually tracked for at least.30 years are are
considered its climate.
Climate factors include :
The importance of considering climate in
planning and design of built envinronment.
• Window concideration
• Roofing type
• The requirements for thermal comfort.(insulation)
• The structural elements of the building(foundation,wall,roof , openings)
• Reduction of climate change
• The direction of the sun path and solar position
• Buildings which react to their unique places
• Design for natural ventilation
• Buildings which can withstand harsh envinronments of an area
• Foundation type
• Load bearing
Topography – is the study and understanding of the earth and its natural
features used in the desing of terrain land forms in structures.
Examples of topographical features include such as valleys, ridges hillsides,
mountainsides and plains
The importance of considering topography in
planning and design of built envinronment
• No planning in wetlands
• Rainfall and tarrain which side of the mountain
• Drainage system
• Which side of the hill
• Slope of adjacent sites may affect sunlight access