3. 3October 22, 2007
1. Consider the special nature of
fundraising at a CCRC.
2. Share the challenges and opportunities
of soliciting residents for planned gifts.
3. Present the steps toward creating a top-
notch planned giving program.
4. 4October 22, 2007
1. Philanthropy is an extension of
2. Fundraising with seniors requires
greater sensitivity than in other
3. Relationships with residents are central
to successful fundraising at retirement
4. Fundraising cannot prop up poor
6. 6October 22, 2007
What is Relationship-Based FR?
Relationship-based fundraising at a
CCRC focuses on the relationships
between residents, staff, and volunteers,
helping residents realize their altruistic
potential by offering an opportunity to
benefit the community through a gift.
7. 7October 22, 2007
Expectations of Residents
• Residents are solicited every day.
• Residents expect fundraisers to be at
least as knowledgeable and sensitive
about giving as they are.
• Residents expect common means of
planned giving to be available to them.