4. “Writing is a form of communication that
allows students to put their feelings and
ideas on paper, to organize their
knowledge and beliefs into convincing
arguments, and to convey meaning
through well- constructed text”.
5. Writing is a very important and powerful tool used in everyday
life. Writing is used to store information, make a permanent
record, and for communication. It can be pictograph- or
alphabet-based. Shows different ways to write and
lists many specific uses of writing.
6. There are four main types of writing as
under below. Each of these writing
styles is used for a specific
purpose. A single text
may include more
than one writing
Expository writing is one of the most common types of writing. When an author
writes in an expository style, all they are trying to do is explain a concept.
• How-to articles
• News stories
When an author writes in a descriptive style, they are painting a picture in words
of a person, place, or thing for their audience.
• Journal/diary writing
• Descriptions of Nature
• Fictional novels or plays
Persuasive writing is the main style of writing you will use in academic papers.
When an author writes in a persuasive style, they are trying to convince the
audience of a position or belief.
• Cover letters
• Op-Eds and Editorial newspaper articles
• Letters of complaint
Narrative writing is used in almost every longer piece of writing. When an
author writes in a narrative style, they are not just trying to impart information,
they are trying to construct and communicate a story, complete with characters,
conflict, and settings.
• Oral histories
• Poetry (especially epic sagas or poems)
• Short Stories
13. In good writing , every thing makes sense and readers don’t get lost or
have to reread passages to figure out what’s going on.
A well organized piece of writing is not only clear, it’s presented in a way
that is logical and aesthetically pleasing. You can tell non-linear stories or
place your thesis at the end of an essay and get away with it as long as
your scenes or ideas are well ordered.
14. This is what sets you apart from all other writers is your unique way of stringing
words together , formulating ideas and relating scenes or images to the reader .
In any piece of writing , the voice should be consistency and identifiable.
(word choice) What we write can never underestimate or fail to appreciate our
most valuable tools (words) . Good writing includes precise and accurate word
choices and well crafted sentences.
15. Many writers would wish this one way, but for a piece of writing to be
considered good, it has to follow the rules of grammar . Style is also
important in ensuring that a piece of writing is clear and consistent.
You should have a firm believe of what you are writing . The story must be
believable (even its impossible) . Accurate research can make or break a
16. The most important quality of good
writing is how the reader respond
to it. How reader react to
your work and fully
success as a
17. • Good writing has a clearly defined purpose.
• It makes a definite point.
• It supports that point with specific information.
• The information is clearly connected and arranged.
• The words are appropriate, and the sentences
are concise, emphatic, and correct.